Employment law expert Dr. Jim Castagnera will give you specific tactics to deal with the looming workplace challenge of Long COVID and Post-COVID conditions. You will learn how to make accommodations while avoiding undue hardship for your organization and other team members.
What You'll Learn
- How do the ADA and FMLA apply to COVID long-haulers?
- What state laws and local ordinances have expanded rights of the disabled?
- What are the latest court decisions on COVID in the workplace?
- What accommodations must you make for employees with ongoing symptoms?
- How can you have an open dialogue with a chronically ill employee?
- How should job descriptions help prepare for Long COVID challenges?
- How can you enable chronically ill employees to stay connected?
- What are the dos and don’ts of the ongoing communication process?
Who Should Attend?
APPROVAL AND VALIDITY
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Member and the Chief Consultant of Holland Media Services LLC, a communications and training company with offices in Philadelphia and Los Angeles
- Member of Portum Group International LLC, a cybersecurity and privacy consulting firm in Philadelphia
- Of Counsel to Washington International Business Counsel
- Adjunct Professor of Law in the Kline School of Law at Drexel University
- 10 years as a labor, employment, and intellectual-property attorney with Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr
- 23 years as associate provost and legal counsel for academic affairs at Rider University
- Holds an M.A. in Journalism from Kent State University
- J.D. and Ph.D. from Case Western Reserve University