Background Checks: How To Update Practices For A Pandemic And A New President
Leading author and compliance expert Dr. Jim Castagnera will provide a comprehensive overview of the complicated issues that financial institutions face in conducting employee background checks and obtaining credit reports.
What You'll Learn
- Which background check laws affect financial institutions?
- What background checks are required?
- When should background checks be conducted during the hiring process?
- What is the difference between arrest and conviction records?
- How can you mitigate risk when disqualifying a candidate based on a background check?
- How can you efficiently obtain information during the pandemic?
- What policy changes related to background checks are expected from the Biden administration?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- Member and the Chief Consultant of Holland Media Services LLC, a communications and training company with offices in Philadelphia and Los Angeles
- Member of Portum Group International LLC, a cybersecurity and privacy consulting firm in Philadelphia
- Of Counsel to Washington International Business Counsel
- Adjunct Professor of Law in the Kline School of Law at Drexel University
- 10 years as a labor, employment, and intellectual-property attorney with Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr
- 23 years as associate provost and legal counsel for academic affairs at Rider University
- Holds an M.A. in Journalism from Kent State University
- J.D. and Ph.D. from Case Western Reserve University