COVID-19 And Loan Portfolio Triage And How Your Loan Grading Is Affected
Banking veteran Michael Wear will share real-life credit risk management lessons from previous recessions. You will learn best practices for loan portfolio triage and loan grading amid the pandemic.
This session covers:
- How can you reduce your credit risk exposure for vulnerable industries?
- How can you reduce the vulnerability of your loan grading system in a recession?
- Do ratings adequately measure risk, given falling collateral values and uncontrollable external factors that affect loan repayment?
- How should you factor industry weakness?
- How can you avoid TDRs with COVID-19 loan modifications?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- Owner of 39 Acres Corporation, specializing in banker training and bank consulting services in credit risk underwriting and loan portfolio risk management
- 41-year banking career, in commercial lending and senior credit management positions with Omaha-area community banks
- Loan portfolio management section leader and faculty member at the Graduate School of Banking at the University of Wisconsin in Madison, as well as GSB’s Sales & Marketing School and IT Management School
- Former adjunct professor for the University of Nebraska-Omaha
- Authored articles for banking publications and served as a textbook editor/reviewer for the American Bankers Association