Audit partner Rebecca Goldstein will explain the steps nonprofits must take to ensure grant compliance. You will learn how to implement internal controls and avoid common audit pitfalls.
What You'll Learn
- How can you manage grants effectively?
- What common pitfalls come from these new funding streams and are often seen during an audit of federal grant expenditures?
- What internal controls should you implement throughout the grant lifecycle?
- What will an audit of federal stimulus funding entail?
- What financial reports should you create and maintain?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- More than 20 years of public accounting experience, with a strong focus on providing financial and compliance audit services to local governments, school districts, and nonprofits
- Managed financial and grant compliance audits for dozens of Texas state agencies during her 17-year tenure with a Big Four firm
- Seasoned leader of audits of government entities in accordance with GAGAS, Uniform Guidance for federal grant compliance audits, and Uniform Grant Management Standards (UGMS) for Texas
- Member of the AICPA, the TXCPA, and the GFOA special review committee
- Certified Public Accountant in Texas
- Bachelor of Business Administration in accounting from Southwest Texas State University