Nonprofit board consultant Cathy Allen will provide step-by-step guidance to develop a Governance Committee in your organization. You will learn how to use this tool to create an engaged board.
What You'll Learn
- How do Nominations and Governance mindsets differ?
- How can your board make the transition?
- What language about governance should your bylaws and policies include?
- What are the annual responsibilities of a Governance Committee?
- Who should lead the Governance Committee?
- How can a strong Governance Committee help the executive director and staff?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Help volunteers who serve nonprofit organizations as board members understand their unique role, embrace their responsibilities, and organize their work for maximum effectiveness and minimum headache
- Launched The Board Doctor, LLC in 2016
- Previously owned Creative Option C, LLC, a nonprofit organizational development firm for almost 15 years
- Had a long career in state and local government, environmental advocacy, and candidate and issue campaigns
- Certificate in Nonprofit Board Consulting from BoardSource
- Certificate in Nonprofit Financial Management from the Nonprofit Leadership Center of Tampa Bay
- Certificate in Nonprofit Management from the Center for Nonprofit Resources (Toledo)
- Graduated from The Ohio State University with a degree in history and political science