Education law expert Richard Verstegen will guide you through best practices associated with child find activities. You will learn how to comply with today’s legal requirements and avoid errors.
What You'll Learn
- When is IDEA’s child find requirement implicated?
- Who can initiate the special education process?
- What referral practices should you establish?
- What roles do RTI and similar pre-referral procedures play?
- What constitutes a comprehensive evaluation under the IDEA?
- What rights do parents have to challenge district evaluations?
- How should districts document the results of special education evaluations?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Partner with Boardman & Clark, LLP of Madison, Wisconsin
- School Law Practice Group and Labor and Employment Group
- Represents educational institutions in a variety of education law matters
- Published many articles regarding education and employment law
- Former president of the Wisconsin School Attorneys Association
- Current member of the State Bar of Wisconsin
- JD degree from the University of Wisconsin Law School