Education law expert Rick Verstegen will take you step-by-step through the underlying case law. You will learn practical strategies to navigate this sensitive area.
What You'll Learn
- What documents are “education records”?
- When may you disclose records with or without student consent?
- May you disclose records under health or safety emergencies?
- How must you track record requests and disclosures?
- When may you disclose records involving multiple students?
- What technology issues and information security controls should you consider?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Partner with Boardman & Clark, LLP of Madison, Wisconsin
- School Law Practice Group and Labor and Employment Group
- Represents educational institutions in a variety of education law matters
- Published many articles regarding education and employment law
- Former president of the Wisconsin School Attorneys Association
- Current member of the State Bar of Wisconsin
- JD degree from the University of Wisconsin Law School