Equity expert Michael Lowe will show you how bias affects teacher observations, feedback, and evaluations. You will learn how to measure instruction equitably.
What You'll Learn
- How can you observe teaching and give accurate teacher feedback?
- How is your view of instructional practices distorted?
- Why does bias lead to lower test scores and affect marginalized students?
- What specific steps can you take to remove bias from the evaluation process?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Chief equity officer for Shelby County Schools in Tennessee
- Served as a regional superintendent and middle school principal in Memphis
- Focuses on culturally responsive teaching and equity in student work
- Bachelor of Science in elementary education from the University of Memphis
- Education specialist and doctorate degree in leadership and instruction from Union University in Jackson, Tennessee