Employment law expert Melissa Fleischer will explain how the recent Supreme Court ruling relates to the rights of pregnant employees. You will learn what actions to take and which you should avoid.
What You'll Learn
- Does firing an employee for getting an abortion constitute sex discrimination?
- What employment laws protect employees who get abortions?
- What is the role of Title VII regarding pregnancy?
- What are employer obligations under the Pregnancy Discrimination Act?
- How have recent termination cases caused significant liability for employers?
- Can you prevent liability for action against an employee who sought an abortion?
Who Should Attend?
APPROVAL AND VALIDITY
- 1.0 HRCI, 1.0 SHRM
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Management-side employment attorney
- Over twenty years of experience representing clients in employment law discrimination litigation
- President and Founder, HR Learning Center LLC, an organization that offers training seminars, webinars, and consulting on a wide range of workplace and human resources issues
- JD Degree from the George Washington University School of Law