Inclusion expert Naomi Sigg will share best practices for the search process. You will learn how to develop and train a search team, cultivate a diverse candidate pool, and ensure the integrity of the interview process.
What You'll Learn
- What implicit bias does everyone bring to the recruitment process?
- What common missteps lead to inequitable treatment of candidates?
- What strategies and tools can enhance your recruitment process?
- How can you attract a diverse applicant pool?
- What behavior-based questions should you include in interviews?
- How do common struggles inhibit a successful transition for new professionals?
- How can your onboarding plan incorporate diversity, equity, and inclusion?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Director of Multicultural Affairs at Case Western Reserve University since 2013
- Co-Chair of the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration Board
- Member of several university committees, including the Diversity Leadership Council, the President's Advisory Council on Minorities, Alianza, and the Latinx employee resource group
- Developed the three-hour Diversity 360 educational module for undergraduate and graduate students, which serves as a common experience, setting a foundation for key identity, diversity, equity, and inclusion concepts
- Recipient of the Mather Spotlight Award, the National Dialogue Award, and the OCPA Equity and Inclusion Award
- Undergraduate degree in political science and graduate degree in college student personnel from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio