Identity Theft Prevention: Your Responsibilities Under The FACT Act
A panel of legal and financial security experts will take you through the fundamentals of recognizing and responding to the ubiquitous identity theft threat. You will learn how to protect your financial institution and your customers/members.
- What are your obligations under the FACT Act?
- What four elements must you include in your identity theft prevention program?
- What are the red flags of identity theft that may occur in routine operations?
- How can you detect red flags?
- What actions should you take when you suspect identity theft?
- How will you update your program to reflect new threats?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Member and the Chief Consultant of Holland Media Services LLC, a communications and training company with offices in Philadelphia and Los Angeles
- Member of Portum Group International LLC, a cybersecurity and privacy consulting firm in Philadelphia
- Of Counsel to Washington International Business Counsel
- Adjunct Professor of Law in the Kline School of Law at Drexel University
- 10 years as a labor, employment, and intellectual-property attorney with Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr
- 23 years as associate provost and legal counsel for academic affairs at Rider University
- Holds an M.A. in Journalism from Kent State University
- J.D. and Ph.D. from Case Western Reserve University
- Professor-Librarian at Rider University for the past 23 years
- Has given over 650 presentations at library, education, and technology conferences and meetings, many on cybersecurity and ID theft prevention
- Co-authored the ebook Identity Theft: What You Need to Know
- VP for security at a mid-sized community bank
- Sixteen years of BSA and Security experience including Regulatory Compliance Audits conducted by the Officer of the Controller of the Currency (OCC) and the Federal Reserve Board
- Advised senior management in the development and implementation of the Bank’s Secrecy Act’s Policies and Procedures including the USA Patriot Act