Education law expert Rick Verstegen will take you step-by-step through how to appropriately respond to NIL issues on your campus. You will learn the current NCAA rules and related legal issues.
What You'll Learn
- What are the basics of NIL compensation for student-athletes?
- What role should colleges and universities play in NIL compensation?
- What impact will the new NCAA rules have on your institution?
- How should you incorporate NIL issues in your athletics policies?
- How do the NCAA guidelines affect recruiting?
- What legal pitfalls should you avoid?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Partner with Boardman & Clark, LLP of Madison, Wisconsin
- School Law Practice Group and Labor and Employment Group
- Represents educational institutions in a variety of education law matters
- Published many articles regarding education and employment law
- Former president of the Wisconsin School Attorneys Association
- Current member of the State Bar of Wisconsin
- JD degree from the University of Wisconsin Law School