New CFPB Debt Collection Final Rule: What Banks and Credit Unions Need to Know
Legal expert Daniel Cotter will explain the new rules that financial institutions must follow when collecting debts.
What You'll Learn
- What is the purpose of the FDCPA?
- How will the CFPB Final Rule affect your ability to collect debt?
- What is considered consumer debt?
- What new developments in debt collection should you incorporate?
- How does the September 1 rule affect your institution?
- What steps must you take to protect consumer privacy?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Attorney and counselor with Howard & Howard in Chicago, Illinois
- Spent almost 17 years in-house at insurance organizations, focusing on insurance, regulatory, technology, IT, compliance, and transactional matters
- Worked as an accountant at CAN Financial for over five years
- Previously an adjunct professor at The John Marshall Law School, teaching Insurance Law, Accounting for Lawyers, and SCOTUS Judicial Biography
- Completed the Illinois CPA exam
- Author of The Chief Justices, published in 2019
- B.A. in accounting from Monmouth College
- Graduated from The John Marshall Law School