Off The Clock, On The Hook: Liability For Employees Off-The-Job Acts During A Pandemic
Nationally-recognized employment attorney Bob Gregg will reveal the danger areas. You will learn what policies and practices to implement to protect your company and yourself.
What You'll Learn
- What developing COVID-19 issues, such as vaccinations and requests for permanent remote work, do you need to address?
- What is "off the clock" for wage and hours and FMLA purposes?
- Why can customers or the public sue the organization and the HR Director personally for employees’ non-paid-time acts?
- Are you liable for what a worker did on vacation?
- Why can a minor sue an organization for the off-work sexual misconduct of an ex-employee?
- Can an after-work happy hour be a liability?
- Can an employer fire workers for “private” activities off the job, such as blogs, chat rooms, and social activities?
Who Should Attend?
APPROVAL AND VALIDITY
- 1.5 HRCI, 1.5 SHRM
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Employment attorney
- Chair of the employment practice group of Boardman & Clark in Madison, Wisconsin
- Litigates employment cases, representing employers in all areas of employment law
- 30 years of experience in employment relations
- Conducted more than 3,000 seminars