Education law expert Rick Verstegen will explain the essential aspects of developing an athletic code, including addressing academic standards, drug and alcohol use, and other expectations. You will learn how to avoid legal and political pitfalls surrounding the enforcement of code violations.
What You'll Learn
- How can you develop a broad student athletic code?
- What current legal issues should you consider and address?
- What expectations inside and outside the classroom should you set?
- What elements of accountability and penalties are appropriate?
- How should you investigate alleged violations?
- How can you avoid favoritism and discrimination?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Partner with Boardman & Clark, LLP of Madison, Wisconsin
- School Law Practice Group and Labor and Employment Group
- Represents educational institutions in a variety of education law matters
- Published many articles regarding education and employment law
- Former president of the Wisconsin School Attorneys Association
- Current member of the State Bar of Wisconsin
- JD degree from the University of Wisconsin Law School