Former university associate provost and practicing attorney Dr. Jim Castagnera will explain the details of the First Amendment. You will learn the current requirements and practical steps to protect free speech rights at your institution.
What You'll Learn
- What is the background of the First Amendment?
- To what rights are students, faculty members, and other staff entitled?
- Are there exceptions?
- How has the interpretation of the First Amendment evolved recently?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Member and the Chief Consultant of Holland Media Services LLC, a communications and training company with offices in Philadelphia and Los Angeles
- Member of Portum Group International LLC, a cybersecurity and privacy consulting firm in Philadelphia
- Of Counsel to Washington International Business Counsel
- Adjunct Professor of Law in the Kline School of Law at Drexel University
- 10 years as a labor, employment, and intellectual-property attorney with Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr
- 23 years as associate provost and legal counsel for academic affairs at Rider University
- Holds an M.A. in Journalism from Kent State University
- J.D. and Ph.D. from Case Western Reserve University