Addressing Discrimination, Harassment, And Lack Of Inclusivity: A Scenario-Based, Practical Response Guide
Equity experts Precious Green Gunter and Brandon Washington will share concrete tactics you can use immediately to make everyone feel comfortable in your environment. You will learn how to address the continuum of behaviors related to equity and inclusion.
What You'll Learn
- What equity situations do colleges and universities encounter?
- How can you respond to uncomfortable situations that do not rise to the level of discrimination or harassment?
- What are the likely outcomes of reporting issues related to diversity?
- How can you facilitate tough conversations around race, equity, and inclusion?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Director of Equity, Ethics, Compliance, and Title IX Coordinator at Florida Gulf Coast University
- Chairs the university’s Title IX and Diversity and Inclusion Committees and assists with programming and training to promote education and awareness throughout the university community
- Adjunct legal and ethics instructor for FGCU’s Lutgert College of Business
- Previously adjunct ethics instructor for Virginia College
- Worked as a staff attorney for Legal Aid of North Carolina for almost five years
- Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional through the Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics
- B.S. in Human Resource Management from the University of South Carolina
- J.D. from North Carolina Central University School of Law
- Admitted to practice law in the state of North Carolina
- Senior Vice President of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at EverQuote Inc., an online insurance marketplace based in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Formerly Associate Vice Chancellor for Equal Opportunity and Compliance at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill (UNC)
- Served as the Chief Diversity Officer and Title IX Coordinator at Florida Gulf Coast University in Fort Myers, Florida
- Spent five years as an investigator, trainer, and mediator with the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights (OCR)
- Licensed attorney in North Carolina
- B.S. in Business Administration from the University of South Carolina
- MBA from Charleston Southern University
- J.D. from Florida A&M College of Law