Effective: August 15, 2023
When we refer to “you” or “your,” we mean the person accessing this Site. If the person accessing the Site acts on behalf of, or for the purposes of, another person, including a business or other organization, “you” or “your” also means that other person, including a business organization.
1. Acceptance of Policy
2. Types of Information Collected
We collect, retain in our database, and use information voluntarily provided by you. For example, we may collect and retain information under the following circumstances:
- If you request services, products or other information through the Site, we may collect personally identifiable information from you, including first and last name, occupation, business title, company name, e-mail address, home and employer address, office, home and mobile telephone numbers, fax number, account username, password, unique device identifier of your devices that connect to or access the Site and any other information that might facilitate contacting you (“contact information”) and credit or debit card number, bank account number and any other information that might facilitate collecting payment from you (“financial information”), which will be used to fulfill requests for such services or products. In addition, we may collect certain other information, including purchasing and transaction history, occupation, preferences, information regarding products or services you purchase from us or products or services that you contact customer service about, professional license and/or continuing education numbers or identifiers, and other information that you provide to CareerLearning or that is generated through your use of the Site or interactions with CareerLearning that are not otherwise publicly available (“Other Information”).
- If you access, use, or browse the Site, we may collect non-personally identifiable information about you, such as: information regarding your use of the Site, your IP address, Site usage statistics, time stamps, browsing history, general geographic location, product settings, adjustments made to products, type of device you use to connect to the Site, type of computer operating system you use (e.g., Microsoft Windows, Google Chrome OS, Mac OS, Android or iOS), the type of browser you use (e.g., Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari), the domain name of your internet service provider, information regarding your Internet location, and when you see CareerLearning’s ads and whether you click on such ads. We also may receive certain aggregated or anonymous information regarding users of the Site such as the age, gender, occupation, zip code, interests, purchase preferences, and language preferences of users of the site, as well as information collected through questionnaires and surveys. “Non-personally identifiable information” refers to information that does not personally identify the individual to whom the information relates, such as information that is aggregated by CareerLearning or a third party, or information that is not linked to contact information or other personally identifiable information of an individual.
- If you register to submit or post messages or questions in any forum sponsored by CareerLearning through the Site, such as Q&A box, chat box, survey, or meeting space, we will collect and use your contact information for the purposes of maintaining your account in our system. Additionally, when posting messages on message boards or chat rooms, we may post your name (not an alias) with your message.
- If you register for a webinar or order other products or services through our Site, we will collect contact information, financial information, and other information from you, to facilitate the registration process.
- If you correspond with CareerLearning via e-mail, we collect your e-mail address and the content of the e-mail, which will be used to address issues raised by you or to respond appropriately.
- If you correspond with CareerLearning via phone, we may collect your phone number and the recording of the call, which will be used to address issues raised by you or to respond appropriately.
- If you participate in an online survey, we collect non-personally identifiable information, which will be used for internal and marketing purposes.
3. How We Collect Information
We may collect personally identifiable and/or non-personally identifiable information from you when you undertake any of the following activities:
- Access, use or browse the Site;
- Register for an account on the Site;
- Order or request products, literature, services or other information during your visit to the Site, via e-mail, fax or other online or offline means;
- Contact, communicate with or otherwise interact with CareerLearning or its personnel via e-mail, the Site, fax, telephone or by other means whether online or offline;
- Sign up to receive announcements, e-mails, newsletters or marketing materials; and
- Register, enroll or participate in any surveys, questionnaires, promotions, or any other services, events or activities online or offline sponsored by CareerLearning or third parties, or offered in connection with the Site of CareerLearning products or services.
By using the Site, or by submitting your personally identifiable information to CareerLearning online or offline, you expressly consent to the storage and processing of your personally identifiable information in the United States in accordance with the laws of the United States, or in other jurisdictions.
We may also collect personally identifiable information and/or non-personally identifiable information from your employer or authorized agent(s) when they seek to register you for a CareerLearning product/service. If you are an employer or an authorized agent and wish to register employees or other third parties for a CareerLearning product/service, by submitting to CareerLearning the personally identifiable information and/or non-personally identifiable information of your employees or other third parties, you are representing and warranting to CareerLearning that you are authorized in accordance with applicable laws and regulations to submit such information.
CareerLearning automatically receives and records non-personally identifiable information on our server logs from your browser as well as through other analysis of the Site. We also may collect information using cookies, web beacons, pixels, gifs, tags or similar technologies (“Collection Technology”), or through third parties using similar technologies. Collection Technology may operate as a piece of data stored on your browser or device, or may identify, compile, aggregate and/or collect information through other means. When you visit the Site, your web browser may use Collection Technology to better enable you to navigate the Site during your visit and upon your return. You may use the Site even if you choose to reject or delete certain Collection Technology. However, if you choose to reject or delete certain Collection Technology, the Site’s availability and functionality may be impacted. Collection Technology also may be used by some of the other websites for which a link is placed on the Site.
4. How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect:
- To fulfill orders, ship and confirm orders and manage payment collection;
- To plan, improve and administer Activities;
- To process and respond to your inquiries and other communications;
- For Site administration, support and improvement;
- To alert you to new features, terms, Activities, special events, products or services, and other useful information regarding any of the foregoing or CareerLearning via e-mail, direct mail, telephone or other means;
- To promote and improve the products and services we offer;
- To monitor and analyze information regarding your browsing and viewing preferences and to diagnose problems with the Site;
- To send announcements and newsletters, and to provide you with personalized content in connection with same;
- For fraud prevention, internal operations, legal compliance and other public purposes;
- To analyze our users’ demographics, interests and purchasing practices; and
- For the purposes for which you provided the information.
In addition to the uses discussed above, CareerLearning may use non-personally identifiable information in any manner as long as CareerLearning uses such information in its de-identified or aggregated form. These uses may include, without limitation, analysis of trends and how the Site is used; improving navigation of the Site; analysis of the performance of the Site and diagnosis of problems; analysis and developing advertisements and advertising campaigns; and providing special offers and promotions and determining the effectiveness of same.
CareerLearning also may use your non-personally identifiable information to present targeted content and advertisements. Such targeted content and advertisements may include marketing for the Site and the products or services of CareerLearning or its business and advertising partners. Your non-personally identifiable information also may be used to optimize and determine the effectiveness of content and advertisements, and to analyze interactions with content and advertisements.
5. Sharing of Information
CareerLearning may share information about you as follows or as otherwise described in this policy:
- With service providers, suppliers, payment processors, shippers, vendors, advertisers, consultants, and affiliates, which may include our independent contractors and co-sponsors of activities, for purposes of (i) outsourcing one or more activities or other functions described in this policy, (ii) internal administration of CareerLearning and/or the Site, (iii) to confirm or update information provided by you, or (iv) to provide analytics for advertising or other purposes;
- With affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes, unless you opt-out of this type of sharing by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org ;
- With our business partners, including both speakers and companies, who are presenting or sponsoring seminar(s), webinar(s) or presentation(s) you have requested to attend, for administrative purposes and to allow them to directly market their own products and services to you;
- In the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or disposition of all or any portion of CareerLearning’s business or operations (including without limitation in connection with bankruptcy or any similar proceedings);
- As otherwise authorized by you.
6. Communications with You
You authorize CareerLearning to transmit e-mail or postal mail to you or to telephone you, to respond to your communications, to promote our services, and to administer and provide information to you about CareerLearning products, services, and activities. If we send any e-mails to promote our products, services, or activities, unsubscribe instructions will be included in each such promotional e-mail from CareerLearning. Please note that such requests may take up to ten (10) business days to become effective. You may not opt-out of receiving communications regarding your dealings with CareerLearning, the Site or technical information about the Site.
For purposes of any applicable law regarding notification of persons whose personal information was, or is reasonably believed to have been, acquired by an unauthorized person, any required notification may, where permitted by law, be made by the use of e-mail, telephone, fax or mail (including a notice printed in an available area of a bill or statement) or by posting a notice on the Site. The specific means used is up to us, and we will use our best judgment based on the circumstances. Where any notice is to be sent to a specific address or number (such as an e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, etc.), we will use the latest available address or number in our records. YOU AGREE TO THIS MEANS OF NOTIFICATION.
7. Children (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
The Site is not directed toward children under 18 years of age nor does CareerLearning knowingly collect information from children under 18 on the Site or offline. If you are under 18, you are not permitted to register for an account on the Site or to otherwise submit any personally identifiable information to CareerLearning. If you provide information to CareerLearning through the Site or offline, you represent that you are 18 years of age or older.
8. Protection of Personal Information
CareerLearning uses reasonable administrative, physical and electronic security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personally identifiable information. No transmission of data over the internet, wi-fi, bluetooth, or other communication protocol is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under the control of CareerLearning to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect personally identifiable information, neither CareerLearning nor our service providers can ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the internet. Any such transmission is at your own risk.
9. Updating Your Information
You are responsible for keeping your information current. You may update your information by contacting us at email@example.com. We will use reasonable efforts to process any change you make; provided, however, that requests to delete information are subject to CareerLearning’s internal reporting, processing and retention policies and all applicable legal obligations.
10. Retention of Your Information
Subject to your right(s) as described in this policy, we will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this policy, unless a longer period is required under applicable law or is needed to resolve disputes or protect our legal rights.
11. Notice of Privacy Rights of California Residents
If you are a resident of the state of California, the following rights are available to you under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Right to access
You have the right to request that we disclose the categories of personal information collected, the categories of sources from which personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collection, the categories of third parties with which we share personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information that we have about you. You also have the right to request that we provide your personal information to you in a readily useable format.
Right to request deletion
You have the right to request that we delete personal information that we collected from you. Note, however, that certain requests to delete personal information may be denied if we are required or authorized to retain the information as a matter of law, the information is necessary for detecting security incidents, exercising free speech, protecting or defending against legal claims, or for internal uses reasonably aligned with consumer expectations, including, but not limited to, to provide a customer requested product or service. Historical transactional records cannot be deleted.
Right to non-discrimination
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by CareerLearning for exercising these privacy rights. We do not offer financial incentives related to the provision of data.
You have the right to designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf. To exercise any of these rights, please e-mail us at:
or by telephone at (800) 944-7668.
To protect your privacy, you will be required to provide authenticating information prior to making changes or gaining access to your information. We will respond to inquiries, requests to review, and change requests to personal information within forty-five (45) days.
Sales of Personal Information
CareerLearning does not sell your personal information.
CareerLearning has adopted a policy of not sharing your personally identifiable information with our affiliates for their direct marketing purposes if you request that we do not do so (“Opt-Out Policy”). You may make such a request by sending us an e-mail at:
When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, e-mail address, and what personally identifiable information you do not want us to share with our affiliates for their direct marketing purposes. Please note that there is no charge for controlling the sharing of your personally identifiable information or for processing this request.
You may have the opportunity to follow links on the Site to other websites that may be of interest to you. CareerLearning endeavors to link only to reputable organizations. Because other websites may not be hosted or controlled by CareerLearning, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those websites or the content provided thereon. Therefore, the privacy policies with respect to other websites may differ from those applicable to the Site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each other website. This policy only applies to information collected and maintained by CareerLearning.
13. International Visitors and Data Transfers
The Site is hosted in the United States and is intended for United States visitors. If you are accessing the site from the EU or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from the laws of the United States, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States and by providing your personal data you consent to that transfer. By accessing the site from outside the United States, you agree that you will rely, as will we, on our vendors, to take the legal actions necessary to ensure that your data is appropriately protected. By using our Services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this policy. By using the Site, you authorize the export of personal Information to the United States and its storage and use as specified above when you provide such information to us. Third parties include: Shopify, Magento, On24, Marketo, Zendesk, GSuite, Slack, Ready Set, Braintree, Vertex, Saplan Inc dba eMarket Media, Box, Accredible, Luminable Design Studio.
14. Your European Privacy Rights
If you reside or otherwise find yourself in the European Union (“EU”) or the European Economic Area (“EEA”), CareerLearning is committed to processing your personal data lawfully and facilitating the exercise of your rights granted by the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and its implementing national laws.
Legal basis for data collection and use:
We only collect and use personal information when there is a fair and legal basis for its collection and use. As examples, we may collect personal information (a) because it is necessary to complete or carry out a customer request, including a customer requested order for products or services, (b) to meet our legitimate interests to send marketing materials, or (c) to comply with legal obligations. All other collection and use of information is based on your consent.
Privacy rights under the European regulation:
Users located in the EU and the EEA have the following legal rights under applicable law with respect to the personal information processed by CareerLearning:
- To withdraw consent at any time, if we are processing your personal information on the basis of consent;
- To access the information that CareerLearning has about you;
- To request that CareerLearning correct or erase your information;
- To request that CareerLearning restrict the way it uses your information;
- To object to the way CareerLearning uses your information;
- To ask CareerLearning to transfer information to someone else; and
- To lodge a complaint with a data protection authority in the EU.
CareerLearning’s ability to comply with requests may be limited by applicable law or our legitimate interests.
To request to exercise one of these rights, please contact us at:
In order to fulfill this request, we may require that you provide us detailed information to validate your identity and specify your request. We will respond to and fulfill your request in a timely manner, usually within thirty (30) days after receiving your request. If for any reason we need to extend this period of time, we will contact you. If you are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (800) 944-7668.
Please note that e-mail communications may not be secure. Accordingly, other than as may be directed by this policy, you should not include personal or other sensitive information in your e-mail correspondence to the Site or CareerLearning.