Equity expert Michael Lowe will share specific strategies you can use to engage black and brown parents to improve your school. You will learn how to help all students benefit from the cultural insights parents provide.
What You'll Learn
- What are the cultural differences in your school and community?
- How should you survey parents about diversity and equity?
- What steps can you take to empower and engage black and brown parents?
- How can cultural wisdom affirm children?
- What antidotes to systemic racism can schools provide to students?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Chief equity officer for Shelby County Schools in Tennessee
- Served as a regional superintendent and middle school principal in Memphis
- Focuses on culturally responsive teaching and equity in student work
- Bachelor of Science in elementary education from the University of Memphis
- Education specialist and doctorate degree in leadership and instruction from Union University in Jackson, Tennessee