Former university associate provost and practicing attorney Dr. Jim Castagnera will share legal insights and practical insights about the First Amendment rights of students. You will learn what controls you can put in place to protect your institution and community members.
What You'll Learn
- Does the First Amendment entitle students to write or say anything?
- How can you restrict or control statements by student journalists?
- Can you prevent embarrassing reports about your college or university?
- Should you protect other stakeholders from inappropriate or hateful speech?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Member and the Chief Consultant of Holland Media Services LLC, a communications and training company with offices in Philadelphia and Los Angeles
- Member of Portum Group International LLC, a cybersecurity and privacy consulting firm in Philadelphia
- Of Counsel to Washington International Business Counsel
- Adjunct Professor of Law in the Kline School of Law at Drexel University
- 10 years as a labor, employment, and intellectual-property attorney with Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr
- 23 years as associate provost and legal counsel for academic affairs at Rider University
- Holds an M.A. in Journalism from Kent State University
- J.D. and Ph.D. from Case Western Reserve University