Public relations expert Dan Rene and nationally recognized corporate trainer Bob Greene will prepare you to respond to the increasingly likely reality of a ransomware attack. You will learn how to communicate quickly, accurately, and professionally to maintain your brand reputation.
What You'll Learn
- How have communications regarding recent ransomware attacks fared?
- How can you take control of the narrative?
- What is the difference between reporting and reacting?
- How can you prepare a crisis communication strategy?
- What messages should you prioritize?
- Who can speak on behalf of your organization?
- What instructions should you give to employees about responding to the media?
- How can you stay on message?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Managing Director of kglobal, a public relations + public affairs agency in Washington, DC
- Strategic communications counselor and problem solver with more than two decades of experience in media relations and crisis communications
- Communications Director for the National Legal and Policy Center, a nonprofit, nonpartisan foundation dedicated to promoting ethics and accountability in government
- Holds leadership roles on various boards and committees including the National Press Club
- Graduate of Longwood College
- Professional corporate trainer and owner of RCG Business Services
- Adjunct faculty member with the American Management Association
- Creates and delivers training content for associations, companies, and governmental agencies, including the U.S. Navy Seals
- Over fifteen years of corporate training experience
- Previously managed a North American network of 133 sales representatives, generating over $250 Million in annual sales
- Graduate of Virginia Tech, with a degree in political science and organizational leadership
- BMI certification in intercultural analysis