Higher education professional Dr. Lori Vaden will provide you with successful strategies to help first-generation students succeed. You will learn specific steps to implement this spring.
What You'll Learn
- What is a First-Generation student?
- How can you identify and track First-Generation students?
- What challenges and barriers to success do they face?
- Who should be involved?
- How can you go beyond helping with college applications?
- What specific strategies will help First-Generation students succeed?
- Where can you find helpful resources?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Owner and President of GV Strategic Consulting
- Consultant for higher education organizations and businesses
- Writer and instructor
- Worked in higher education for over 20 years in all areas of academic affairs and student services at community colleges, universities, and military education centers
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from St. Martin’s College
- Master’s degree in English from East Carolina University
- Ph.D. in Education from Northcentral University