Equity expert Michael Lowe will help you cultivate and deepen your cultural competence. You will learn how to teach Black history fully and honestly without running afoul of new laws.
What You'll Learn
- What assumptions are associated with those historically marginalized?
- How do privileges, power, and oppression operate historically?
- What systems that persist today sustain inequity?
- How can you teach when critical race theory has been banned?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- This session is a part of the Inclusive Teaching Series: How to Update Your Reading and History Lessons.
- Chief equity officer for Shelby County Schools in Tennessee
- Served as a regional superintendent and middle school principal in Memphis
- Focuses on culturally responsive teaching and equity in student work
- Bachelor of Science in elementary education from the University of Memphis
- Education specialist and doctorate degree in leadership and instruction from Union University in Jackson, Tennessee