Educational law expert Dr. Jim Castagnera will present a balanced view of the pros and cons of police patrolling K–12 corridors. You will learn if changes are in the best interest of students and how to communicate them to your community.
What You'll Learn
- How are schools reacting to community demands to remove police from schools?
- Why are some schools reinstating the police presence on their campuses?
- What is the philosophy of police presence in public schools?
- What is the record of police effectiveness and action in schools?
- What are the nation’s largest school districts doing now? Why?
- Who can replace the police if they are removed from schools?
- What roles do unions and collective bargaining play in the decision?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Member and the Chief Consultant of Holland Media Services LLC, a communications and training company with offices in Philadelphia and Los Angeles
- Member of Portum Group International LLC, a cybersecurity and privacy consulting firm in Philadelphia
- Of Counsel to Washington International Business Counsel
- Adjunct Professor of Law in the Kline School of Law at Drexel University
- 10 years as a labor, employment, and intellectual-property attorney with Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr
- 23 years as associate provost and legal counsel for academic affairs at Rider University
- Holds an M.A. in Journalism from Kent State University
- J.D. and Ph.D. from Case Western Reserve University