Employment law expert Richard Verstegen will show you how to draft and monitor PIPs. You will learn how to avoid the legal consequences of non-compliance.
What You'll Learn
- What are the elements of a lawful Performance Improvement Plan?
- How can you notify employees of expectations and standards?
- What are compliant monitoring methods?
- How should you identify the consequences of an employee’s failure to improve?
- How does a PIP relate to performance evaluations, warnings, and reprimands?
- What are the most serious legal mistakes you should avoid?
Who Should Attend?
APPROVAL AND VALIDITY
- 1.25 HRCI, 1.25 SHRM
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Partner with Boardman & Clark, LLP of Madison, Wisconsin
- School Law Practice Group and Labor and Employment Group
- Represents educational institutions in a variety of education law matters
- Published many articles regarding education and employment law
- Former president of the Wisconsin School Attorneys Association
- Current member of the State Bar of Wisconsin
- JD degree from the University of Wisconsin Law School