Employment law expert Rick Verstegen will explain the various legal and policy issues related to hiring employees. You will learn how to implement practices to build an extraordinary team of top talent without running afoul of the growing laws and regulations.
- What laws affect staffing?
- What policies and handbook provisions should you have?
- How should you handle interviews from remote locations?
- Can you legally review candidates’ social media posts?
- What questions are acceptable for applications and interviews?
- May you legally conduct background checks?
Who Should Attend?
APPROVAL AND VALIDITY
- 1.25 HRCI, 1.25 SHRM
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Partner with Boardman & Clark, LLP of Madison, Wisconsin
- School Law Practice Group and Labor and Employment Group
- Represents educational institutions in a variety of education law matters
- Published many articles regarding education and employment law
- Former president of the Wisconsin School Attorneys Association
- Current member of the State Bar of Wisconsin
- JD degree from the University of Wisconsin Law School