Equity experts Precious Green Gunter and Brandon Washington will help you identify microaggressions and implicit bias. You will learn how to ensure everyone in your school is seen, respected, valued, and included.
What You'll Learn
- What are microaggressions?
- What is implicit bias?
- What is intersectionality?
- What impact do they have on students and staff?
- How do they affect life experiences?
- How can you recognize biases and take steps to adjust?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Director of Equity, Ethics, Compliance, and Title IX Coordinator at Florida Gulf Coast University
- Chairs the university’s Title IX and Diversity and Inclusion Committees and assists with programming and training to promote education and awareness throughout the university community
- Adjunct legal and ethics instructor for FGCU’s Lutgert College of Business
- Previously adjunct ethics instructor for Virginia College
- Worked as a staff attorney for Legal Aid of North Carolina for almost five years
- Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional through the Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics
- B.S. in Human Resource Management from the University of South Carolina
- J.D. from North Carolina Central University School of Law
- Admitted to practice law in the state of North Carolina
- Senior Vice President of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at EverQuote Inc., an online insurance marketplace based in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Formerly Associate Vice Chancellor for Equal Opportunity and Compliance at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill (UNC)
- Served as the Chief Diversity Officer and Title IX Coordinator at Florida Gulf Coast University in Fort Myers, Florida
- Spent five years as an investigator, trainer, and mediator with the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights (OCR)
- Licensed attorney in North Carolina
- B.S. in Business Administration from the University of South Carolina
- MBA from Charleston Southern University
- J.D. from Florida A&M College of Law