Nonprofit impact expert Derik Timmerman will give his refreshingly honest take on how/why boards go bad. You will learn real-world strategies to help your board stop struggling.
What You'll Learn
- What does research reveal about how nonprofit boards deteriorate?
- Why is board dysfunction a rampant problem across the nonprofit sector?
- Why do boards underperform?
- What board development tactics are most nonprofits overlooking?
- How should you handle various types of toxic board members?
- How can you overcome resistance to improvement initiatives?
- What secrets can you apply to make your board a long-term fundraising factory?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Founder of Sparrow Nonprofit Solutions
- Former management consultant at McKinsey & Company
- Served as a US Army Intelligence Officer with two combat deployments
- Successfully raised over $3 million in funds
- Board member at numerous nonprofits
- Served as an Executive Pastor
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE)
- Derik graduated in the top 10% of his West Point class
- Masters in Divinity from Liberty University
- In the dissertation phase of a PhD in Philosophy of Religion from Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary