Human resources expert Jenni Stone will help you overcome much of the fear and turmoil you face when deciding to terminate an employee and must break the bad news. You will learn how to adhere to the law, support your departing colleague, and protect your organization.
What You'll Learn
- What types of termination are available for organizations?
- What laws pertain to involuntary terminations?
- How does an at-will employment arrangement affect termination?
- What policy should you implement for involuntary terminations?
- What documentation should you maintain?
- How can you conduct an effective termination meeting?
Who Should Attend?
APPROVAL AND VALIDITY
- 1.0 HRCI, 1.0 SHRM
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Dual-certified: Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP)
- Active in South Carolina SHRM State Council, Greenville SHRM, and Society of Human Resources Management
- SHRM blogger
- Frequent speaker at professional human resource meetings and conferences across the country
- Master’s Degree in HR Management at professional human resource meetings and conferences across the country.