Expert Rick Verstegen will talk about privacy compliance in a way that both follows the law and your school’s ethic of care. You will learn how to treat students’ information in accordance with FERPA.
What You'll Learn
- What is an educational record?
- What isn’t an educational record?
- What rights does a student have to review and inspect their educational records?
- What rights do the parents of K-12 students have?
- What must be included in a FERPA release form?
- When personally identifiable information can you release without consent?
- What situations qualify as a “health and safety emergency”?
- When can a student or parent request an amendment to educational records?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Partner with Boardman & Clark, LLP of Madison, Wisconsin
- School Law Practice Group and Labor and Employment Group
- Represents educational institutions in a variety of education law matters
- Published many articles regarding education and employment law
- Former president of the Wisconsin School Attorneys Association
- Current member of the State Bar of Wisconsin
- JD degree from the University of Wisconsin Law School