Education law expert Richard Verstegen will help you identify the current legal issues with your student handbook. You will learn about required changes resulting from recent court cases, regulations, and agency interpretations.
What You'll Learn
- What are the purpose and scope of student handbooks?
- What key provisions should you include?
- How should you address privacy, technology, records, and investigations?
- What legal issues must you consider when documenting academic expectations?
- What are the constitutional implications of student handbooks?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Partner with Boardman & Clark, LLP of Madison, Wisconsin
- School Law Practice Group and Labor and Employment Group
- Represents educational institutions in a variety of education law matters
- Published many articles regarding education and employment law
- Former president of the Wisconsin School Attorneys Association
- Current member of the State Bar of Wisconsin
- JD degree from the University of Wisconsin Law School