Richard Verstegen, an education attorney, will guide you through the best practices to identify students with disabilities. You will learn when to initiate the IDEA special education process and what specific steps you should take.
What You'll Learn
- What steps does the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act require?
- What attributes are associated with the most common disabilities?
- How should you initiate a special education referral?
- What data should you gather?
- What information can parents provide to support child find practices?
- How should you discuss potential referrals with parents?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Partner with Boardman & Clark, LLP of Madison, Wisconsin
- School Law Practice Group and Labor and Employment Group
- Represents educational institutions in a variety of education law matters
- Published many articles regarding education and employment law
- Former president of the Wisconsin School Attorneys Association
- Current member of the State Bar of Wisconsin
- JD degree from the University of Wisconsin Law School