Language learning and student engagement expert Dr. Benjamin Johnson will show you proven strategies and techniques you can use immediately. You will learn how to develop an ELL-friendly learning environment for your classroom or virtual space.
Participants will receive ready-made sentence stems to help ELL students comprehend and use new vocabulary.
What You'll Learn
- What does “Comprehensible Input” really look like?
- How can “Total Physical Response” transform your teaching?
- What questioning strategies will help ELL students?
- How can you employ universal non-linguistic representations?
- What tactics develop vocabulary faster?
- What easy English language learning techniques can you use every day?
- How can you increase students’ reading fluency and understanding?
- How does reading improve writing?
- Why should you use learning teams instead of peer tutoring?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Educator for over 30 years
- Master teacher who has taught nearly every grade and all the core subjects
- Led districts and schools to greater heights in four states and recently saved a start-up charter school from failure as its Executive Director
- Author of Teaching Students to Dig Deeper, now in its second edition
- Founder of Learning Craft, a company that aims at helping parents and educators to give their students learning traits and success capacities
- Doctorate in Educational Leadership and Curriculum and Instruction from the University of Phoenix
- Master of Arts in Education Administration from Cal State San Bernardino
- Bachelor of Arts in Spanish and Math Teaching from the Brigham Young University