Employment law expert Dr. Jim Castagnera will show you how the recent Supreme Court decision relates to your organization. You will learn how to update your FLSA policies, procedures, and documentation.
What You'll Learn
- What are the basic legal requirements of the Fair Labor Standards Act?
- What does Helix Energy Solution v. Hewitt say and mean?
- What is a “salary” in the wake of Hewitt?
- What differentiates employees from independent contractors?
- Should you arbitrate or litigate FLSA claims?
- Where do all the states stand on these issues?
Who Should Attend?
APPROVAL AND VALIDITY
- 1.5 HRCI, 1.5 SHRM
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Member and the Chief Consultant of Holland Media Services LLC, a communications and training company with offices in Philadelphia and Los Angeles
- Member of Portum Group International LLC, a cybersecurity and privacy consulting firm in Philadelphia
- Of Counsel to Washington International Business Counsel
- Adjunct Professor of Law in the Kline School of Law at Drexel University
- 10 years as a labor, employment, and intellectual-property attorney with Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr
- 23 years as associate provost and legal counsel for academic affairs at Rider University
- Holds an M.A. in Journalism from Kent State University
- J.D. and Ph.D. from Case Western Reserve University