Education law expert Rick Verstegen will detail the legal aspects of addressing student-athlete mental health. You will learn practical solutions to minimize any liability related to helping these students.
What You'll Learn
- How do mental health issues affect athletes?
- What duty do collegiate officials have to protect students from self-injury?
- Should you warn others that specific students are at risk?
- What are the legal aspects of suicide prevention?
- How do confidentiality laws relate to mental health concerns?
- What obligations do you have to accommodate students with mental illnesses?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Partner with Boardman & Clark, LLP of Madison, Wisconsin
- School Law Practice Group and Labor and Employment Group
- Represents educational institutions in a variety of education law matters
- Published many articles regarding education and employment law
- Former president of the Wisconsin School Attorneys Association
- Current member of the State Bar of Wisconsin
- JD degree from the University of Wisconsin Law School