Lifelong educator Jessica Camacho will explain how educator-advocates can transform the school experiences of BIPOC students. You will learn what steps to take during the new semester to make this important sector of your school community feel valued and included.
What You'll Learn
- What opportunities do you have for advocacy?
- What perspectives will help you overcome challenges?
- How can you develop and foster cultural competency?
- What equity-driven policies should you implement?
- How can you identify and overcome implicit and explicit bias?
- What anti-racist work can you do within and beyond the classroom?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Lifelong educator
- B.A. in History and Religious Studies from the University of California, Berkeley
- Ed.M. in Risk & Prevention from the Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Ed.M. in Curriculum & Instruction
- M.A. in Urban Leadership from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas