How to Help Your Latino Students Thrive
Lifelong educator Jessica Camacho will explain how to give Latino students the support they need to thrive in school.
What You'll Learn
- Who are Latinos, Hispanics, and Chicanos?
- How have the Latino students’ challenges changed for 2022–23?
- What instructional changes will encourage greater participation?
- How can you ensure underrepresented students can utilize opportunities?
- What does cultural competence look like for Latino students?
- What principles should you embody as a cultural, social, and language broker?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Lifelong educator
- B.A. in History and Religious Studies from the University of California, Berkeley
- Ed.M. in Risk & Prevention from the Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Ed.M. in Curriculum & Instruction
- M.A. in Urban Leadership from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas