Educational law expert Rick Verstegen will explain the critical legal issues impacting the discipline of students with disabilities. You will learn how to avoid any legal or political issues that may arise.
What You'll Learn
- What laws cover students with disabilities?
- How does the Department of Education’s new guidance interpret the laws?
- What policies and practices must you change?
- When is it appropriate to use restraint and seclusion?
- What options do you have to discipline special education students?
- Will the guidance be enforced? How?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Partner with Boardman & Clark, LLP of Madison, Wisconsin
- School Law Practice Group and Labor and Employment Group
- Represents educational institutions in a variety of education law matters
- Published many articles regarding education and employment law
- Former president of the Wisconsin School Attorneys Association
- Current member of the State Bar of Wisconsin
- JD degree from the University of Wisconsin Law School