Behavior specialist Ryan Jeffery will share practical techniques for working with students with oppositional defiant disorder. You will learn how to avoid power struggles and foster learning.
What You'll Learn
- What defiant diffuser phrases can you use?
- What de-escalation techniques are effective?
- How can you provide differentiated consequences?
- How should you handle cursing and other forms of provocative language?
- How do you interface with students that hold grudges?
- Can limit testing provide an opportunity to establish compliant behaviors?
- How can you get students to take ownership instead of playing the blame game?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Sought-after PreK-12 behavior intervention trainer
- Coach in the public education community
- Interprets defiant behaviors
- Helps teachers gain student compliance with calm, confident, and consistent approaches to behavior