Education law expert Rick Verstegen will help you identify the legal risks of threat assessments for students with disabilities. You will learn how to update your policies and procedures.
What You'll Learn
- What laws apply to threat assessments?
- How should you modify your practices to adhere to the latest guidance?
- What procedures impact any threat assessment process?
- How should you make manifestation determinations and changes of placement?
- What are the best practices for accurate results?
- How can you identify students before their behaviors present a threat?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Partner with Boardman & Clark, LLP of Madison, Wisconsin
- School Law Practice Group and Labor and Employment Group
- Represents educational institutions in a variety of education law matters
- Published many articles regarding education and employment law
- Former president of the Wisconsin School Attorneys Association
- Current member of the State Bar of Wisconsin
- JD degree from the University of Wisconsin Law School