Former OCR investigator Brandon Washington will go beyond the basics and shared advanced techniques for Title IX investigation interviews. You will learn how to get more information while building rapport with the individuals whom you interview.
What You'll Learn
- What proper advanced interview techniques should you employ?
- How can you get a derailed interview back on track?
- What can you do to build credibility as an interviewer?
- How should you respond when interviewees are not cooperative?
- How should you deal with statements you know to be inaccurate?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Senior Vice President of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at EverQuote Inc., an online insurance marketplace based in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Formerly Associate Vice Chancellor for Equal Opportunity and Compliance at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill (UNC)
- Served as the Chief Diversity Officer and Title IX Coordinator at Florida Gulf Coast University in Fort Myers, Florida
- Spent five years as an investigator, trainer, and mediator with the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights (OCR)
- Licensed attorney in North Carolina
- B.S. in Business Administration from the University of South Carolina
- MBA from Charleston Southern University
- J.D. from Florida A&M College of Law