Human resources expert Teri Morning will show you how substance abuse issues affect your workplace. You will learn how to prevent lost productivity, lowered performance, unmet obligations, and even violence caused by drugs and alcohol.
What You'll Learn
- What does the ADA require regarding substance abuse?
- How does alcohol differ from the use of illegal substances under the ADA?
- How are financial problems caused by substance abuse a threat to workplaces?
- What happens when mental health struggles and substance abuse collide?
- How can you help without creating more problems for your organization?
- What are the biggest workplace risk factors?
- What are the dangers of incorrectly assuming a problem is substance abuse?
- How can your Employee Assistance Program (EAP) help?
Who Should Attend?
APPROVAL AND VALIDITY
- 1.5 HRCI, 1.5 SHRM
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Specializes in solving company people problems and providing big company style HR service to small business
- Over 20 years of experience in human resources and training in a variety of fields
- Certified in mediation skills, project management, and IT management and qualified
- Has held the PHR, SPHR, SPHR-CA and SHRM-SCP certifications
- Master’s degree in human resource development with a specialization in conflict management