In this fast-paced webinar, human resources veteran and expert Jenni Stone will explain all the HR basics you need to know. You will learn how to help employees and protect your organization.
What You'll Learn
- What is HR’s role in mission and strategy?
- What anti-discrimination laws must you follow? What are protected classes?
- What do disparate treatment and adverse impact mean?
- How can you recruit top talent?
- What are the 4 C’s of onboarding?
- How does at-will employment work?
- What progressive discipline and termination practices should you use?
- How does the Family and Medical Leave Act cover your employees?
- Should you classify workers as contractors, exempt employees, or non-exempt employees?
- What are the essentials of the Americans with Disabilities Act?
Who Should Attend?
APPROVAL AND VALIDITY
- 1.5 HRCI, 1.5 SHRM
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Dual-certified: Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP)
- Active in South Carolina SHRM State Council, Greenville SHRM, and Society of Human Resources Management
- SHRM blogger
- Frequent speaker at professional human resource meetings and conferences across the country
- Master’s Degree in HR Management at professional human resource meetings and conferences across the country.