How To Engage In Lobbying: Create Laws That Transform Lives
Nonprofit lobbying expert Pat Libby will pull back the curtain during this webinar to demonstrate how lobbying can help your organization. You will learn the specific steps to take and how to get started.
What You'll Learn
- What is lobbying?
- Should your organization engage in lobbying?
- What are the factors for successful nonprofit engagement?
- What are the legal rules and restrictions for 501(c)(3) organizations?
- How can you fund lobbying activities?
- What steps should you take to get started?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Change management and executive search consultant to nonprofits and philanthropies
- Served as a nonprofit CEO and staff member, academic in the field of nonprofit management, board member, and consultant to social purpose organizations
- Author of The Lobbying Strategy Handbook
- Contributing author in Technology, Activism and Social Justice in a Digital Age
- Co-author of Cases in Nonprofit Management
- Served for eight years as President/CEO of the Massachusetts Association of Community Development Corporations, leading city, state, and national legislative campaigns that altered the landscape for affordable housing and community economic development activity in the state
- Previously served as founding director of the University of San Diego Nonprofit Institute
- Graduate degree in Urban Planning from MIT
- Bachelor’s degree in Spanish and Sociology from Tufts University