COVID-19 and employment law expert Jon Hyman will explain the pitfalls to avoid when firing employees who refuse to get vaccinated.
What You'll Learn
- Is it legal to fire an employee for refusing a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine?
- How should you handle medical and religious exemptions?
- What accommodations might you need to provide to employees?
- Should you consider alternatives to a vaccine mandate (such as testing)?
- What are the mechanics of handling one of these terminations?
Who Should Attend?
APPROVAL AND VALIDITY
- 1.0 HRCI, 1.0 SHRM
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Attorney at Wickens Herzer Panza in Avon, OH
- On the firm’s Board of Directors, Litigation Department, and Employment and Labor practice team
- Works as outside in-house employment counsel for businesses
- Author of the award-winning Ohio Employer’s Law Blog
- Resource for journalists, having appeared in newspapers, news websites, and television news programs