Equity experts Precious Green Gunter and Brandon Washington will reveal how to honor all staff and customer perspectives in ways that acknowledge minority individuals’ experiences with anecdotal and structural racism. You will learn from discussions of real-world scenarios led by the facilitators.
What You'll Learn
- Which laws prohibit discrimination? What do they require?
- How should you begin addressing the real-world issues affecting stakeholders?
- How can you ensure inclusion in service availability and lending decisions?
- What racial conversations should take place in your institution?
Who Should Attend?
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Director of Equity, Ethics, Compliance, and Title IX Coordinator at Florida Gulf Coast University
- Chairs the university’s Title IX and Diversity and Inclusion Committees and assists with programming and training to promote education and awareness throughout the university community
- Adjunct legal and ethics instructor for FGCU’s Lutgert College of Business
- Previously adjunct ethics instructor for Virginia College
- Worked as a staff attorney for Legal Aid of North Carolina for almost five years
- Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional through the Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics
- B.S. in Human Resource Management from the University of South Carolina
- J.D. from North Carolina Central University School of Law
- Admitted to practice law in the state of North Carolina
- Senior Vice President of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at EverQuote Inc., an online insurance marketplace based in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Formerly Associate Vice Chancellor for Equal Opportunity and Compliance at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill (UNC)
- Served as the Chief Diversity Officer and Title IX Coordinator at Florida Gulf Coast University in Fort Myers, Florida
- Spent five years as an investigator, trainer, and mediator with the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights (OCR)
- Licensed attorney in North Carolina
- B.S. in Business Administration from the University of South Carolina
- MBA from Charleston Southern University
- J.D. from Florida A&M College of Law