Management-side employment attorney Melissa Fleischer will tell you everything you need to know to protect your organization from liability for violating the Fair Labor Standards Act.
What You'll Learn
- What are the new factors you must use for exempt classification?
- How can you avoid misclassification of employees as independent contractors?
- What is compensable time?
- What is the salary basis threshold for 2023?
- How should you calculate overtime pay?
- Must you pay overtime for hours spent on smartphones after hours?
- What legal issues should you consider for student interns?
Who Should Attend?
APPROVAL AND VALIDITY
- 1.0 HRCI, 1.0 SHRM
- Certificate of Attendance
- All resources and training materials
- Management-side employment attorney
- Over twenty years of experience representing clients in employment law discrimination litigation
- President and Founder, HR Learning Center LLC, an organization that offers training seminars, webinars, and consulting on a wide range of workplace and human resources issues
- JD Degree from the George Washington University School of Law